- (Note: No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense. The date of the offense, the nature of the offense, including any significant details that affect the description of the event, and the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for may, however, be considered.)
- (Note: Hill Meat Company complies with the ADA and considers reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. It is possible that a hire may be tested on skill/agility and may be subject to a medical examination conducted by a medical professional.)
Education and Training
Please provide 3 personal and professional reference(s) below
The relationship between you and the Hill Meat Company is referred to as "employment at will." This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the Hill Meat Company. No representative of Hill Meat Company has authority to enter into any agreement contrary to the foregoing "employment at will" relationship. You understand that your employment is "at will," and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your at-will employment status, except for a written statement signed by you and either our Executive Vice-President, Chief Operations Officer or the Company's President.
I certify that to the best of my knowledge the information contained in this application is correct. I understand that falsification of application information or material omission may be grounds for not hiring me or for immediate termination of employment at any point in the future if I am hired.
I understand and agree to the following:
1. My prior employers, educational institutions and other references listed or not listed on this application are authorized to give Hill Meat Company any and all information concerning my previous employment and any pertinent information they may have. I release all persons listed or not listed or entities from all liability for any damage that may result from furnishing information to Hill Meat Company. I also release the Company and all of its employees from all liability for any damage that may result from the Company's reliance on the information furnished.
2. I must produce applicable documents showing that I am lawfully authorized to work in the United States, within the time frame specified by the Company, to meet the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and amended requirements.
3. The cost of any and all company issued equipment not returned upon termination of employment will be billed to you, as the employee. (Bump caps, time cards, gloves, etc.)
4. Hill Meat Company will not tolerate the abuse of drugs or alcohol in the workplace. Job applicants may be required to pass a pre-employment drug test as a condition of employment. Any employee found to be in possession of illegal drugs or to be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol will be subject to termination. Refusal to submit to drug testing may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination. I agree to submit to drug and alcohol testing upon the reasonable suspicion of the abuse of such substances.
If I fail to comply with any of the requirements set forth above, I understand that an offer of employment will be rescinded or my employment will be terminated.
In consideration of my employment. I agree to conform to all the Company's policies, rules, and regulations.
I understand and agree that my employment with Hill Meat Company is voluntarily entered into and I am free to resign at any time. Similarly, Hill Meat Company being an at-will employer, is free to conclude the employment relationship at any time in which the Company believes is in the Company's best interest. I further understand and agree that this at-will relationship as defined above will remain in effect throughout my employment with Hill Meat Company.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Applicant Authorization for Reference Checks
I hereby authorize my past employers to release information to Hill Meat Company regarding my employment. This release of information covers my employment record in general, including information on the following questions:
1. Dates of employment;
2. Position(s) held;
3. The quality and quantity of my work;
4. My attendance habits (excluding workers' compensation, pregnancy, disability FMLA and other protected absences);
5. My relationship with co-workers, supervisors and managers;
6. My attitude toward work (cooperative? positive? ect.);
7. Reason for leaving and eligibility for rehire (would the employer rehire if they had to do it all over again?);
8. Strong and weak points;
9. Willingness to comply with policies and standards;
10. Whether I have had outbursts of temper, threatened, provoked fights with or assaulted others, engaging in hostile or violent behavior;
11. Other relevant information regarding my performance, skills, ability, suitability for employment sought, etc.
I agree that all former employers who provide such information are indemnified and released from liability arising from such disclosures. I also understand that if I do not agree to this Authorization, my application will be rejected.
MM slash DD slash YYYY